Steps for Final Manuscript submission
Please make sure you complete all the steps for the final manuscript submission before the deadline (11 February 2018).
- Preparation of Your Final Manuscript
The final camera-ready manuscript of your paper should account for all the critical reviewers’ feedback.
The paper should follow the standard IEEE conference templates with A4 or US letter formats that can be found at:
Please, pay particular attention to the page margins, which should be as follows:
- A4: Top: 1.9 cm, Bottom: 4.29 cm, Left and Right margins: 1.29 cm
- US letter: Top: 0.75 inch, Bottom: 1 inch, Left and Right margins: 0.625 inch
The maximum paper length is 6 pages. Papers exceeding 6 pages will not be accepted by EDAS.
Proofread your source document thoroughly as there will be no possibility for further revision.
- Generation of the PDF file and validation of the manuscript by IEEE PDF eXpress
Prior to submission, the final manuscript PDF file must be validated by IEEE PDF eXpress to ensure that it is IEEE Xplore-compliant.
- Go to IEEE PDF eXpress Website at https://www.pdf-express.org/.
- If you are a new user, select ‘New Users – Click here’ and enter the Conference ID (see below), your email address and choose a password. If you have used previously PDF eXpress you should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences.
- The conference ID is the following:
- For papers of the main conference: Use conference ID: 40261X.
- For papers of the workshops: Use conference ID: 42842X.
- Option 1 (Recommended) You can generate the PDF file from your source files (e.g. MS Word) and the generated PDF file will be IEEE Xplore-compliant. For executing this option, you have to select “Create New Title”, introduce the title of the paper, and then upload the source files. Once the file is converted, download it. This will be the final manuscript file that you will have to upload later on in EDAS.
- Option 2 You can validate a PDF file generated previously with any other tool. If you choose this option, please make sure that all the fonts are embedded, there are no bookmarks and no links (URLs). For executing this option, you have to select “Create New Title”, introduce the title of the paper, and then upload your PDF file. Once the status of the file indicates “PDF Passed PDF check; PDF is IEEE Xplore compatible”, download it from PDF eXpress. This will be the final manuscript file that you will have to upload later on in EDAS (please note that EDAS will not allow you to upload the initial PDF file, but the validated and certified file that you download from PDF eXpress).
In order for your paper(s) to be published in the IEEE WCNC 2018 Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore, an author (including students) of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the Full or Limited (member or non-member) rate on or before 11 February 2018. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one Full or Limited Registration is valid for up to 3 papers from the same author.
The registration process needs to be performed before uploading the Final Manuscript in EDAS.
- To register, please go to http://wcnc2018.ieee-wcnc.org/registration (Note: the registration site will open on the first week of January 2018).
- After having registered, you will receive a Registration Code. Then, you should go to the EDAS page of your paper and introduce this code under “Registration Code” button.
- Please note that EDAS will not allow uploading the final manuscript until you have provided the registration code.
- Please, note that the EDAS code for uploading the final paper is not in the registration confirmation email. The author will receive a separate email with the customized code for the author to use in EDAS.
- Submission of IEEE Copyright
The IEEE Copyright should be submitted from EDAS. You should go to the EDAS page of your paper, select the “Copyright Form” button and follow the instructions.
- Upload final manuscript in EDAS
In the EDAS page of your paper, select the “Final Manuscript” button and follow the instructions to upload the PDF file with the final manuscript of your paper that has been previously obtained from PDF eXpress.
The hard deadline for submitting the final manuscript is 11 February 2018.
If you have problems during the submission of the final manuscript, please contact the WCNC 2018 publication chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your problems are related to the use of IEEE PDF eXpress, access the Publications Support Center for IEEE PDF eXpress. If you do not find an answer in the Find Answers tab, go to the Submit A Question tab. Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.