The 2018 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) will be held in Barcelona, at the Centre de Convencions Internacional de Barcelona (CCIB), on April 16-18, 2018. The conference will feature a comprehensive technical program to bring together wireless experts from industry and academia.
Organization and Submission Procedure
The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize emerging topics of particular interest to the wireless community. Each workshop should include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussions.
Priority will be given to proposals that not only address an exciting topic but also promise a creative format likely to generate lively interactions and foster new ideas. Examples include bringing practitioners and researchers together, as well as facilitating multi-disciplinary discussions that can lead to high impact and transformative research. All accepted workshops should implement peer-reviews of accepted papers. Papers will be added to IEEE Xplore and the Conference Proceedings. Notification of acceptance and camera-ready due dates must match the corresponding due dates of the regular conference papers.
- Proposal Deadline: June 30, 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: July 28, 2017.
Each workshop proposal (maximum 5 pages) must include:
- Title of the workshop.
- Description of the technical issues covered, emphasizing the timeliness of the proposed workshop (1 page maximum).
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information).
- A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words).
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers (indication that speakers accepted to participate is a plus).
- Planned format of the workshop, including:
- Duration of the workshop: Half-day, Full-day and tentative schedule
- Number of refereed papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, panels (and panel formats) etc.
- Plan for the review of the refereed papers according to the ComSoc's academic best-practices.
- Unique, creative, and novel formats are strongly encouraged and will be given highest priority.
- Draft Call for Papers.
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan.
- The workshop potential website address (if available at the time of the proposal - will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted).
- If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, including number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc.
Tsinghua University, Beijing (China)
Antonio de la Oliva
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Spain)
Universitat Politècnica de València (Spain)
Atos Research (Spain)
The deadline for the submission of workshop proposals has expired.